1. Relax and Get Comfortable: At LCC we’re a pretty casual group. When we sing, join in as you wish and enjoy it. Take a break when you feel like it. We don’t point out newcomers. Our service usually goes for about 65-70 minutes. In between our 2 services enjoy some coffee in the lobby or downstairs.
2. Check Out Our Kids Stuff! There are lots of kids at LCC! Here are some details on our children’s ministries on Sunday morning:
- “Check-In”: We ask parents of children with infants - 6th grade to register their children before they go to worship or drop off their kids. Check at our welcome Center in the front lobby for directions for the check-In station that will be best for your kids.
- On most Sundays children Infant - K go straight to their groups as the worship begins. During our 9:00 service kids age 5-3rd grade are with us for about 10 minutes of worship and are then dismissed for our “Kidz-Korner” program. We have Sunday School for all ages beginning right at 10:30 during the 2nd worship service.
- We ask that all parents become familiar with and respect our “illness policy”. It is very important to us that our children have a healthy environment.
- Be aware of our “Family Room”. This room gives parents an opportunity to have access to our worship service if they need to keep a very young child with them.
- Before and after our worship services we ask parents to be with and keep track of their children. This is part of our risk management effort to keep our church a safe place for everyone.
3. Understand the Offering! If you’re new to Lakeview we do not ask or expect you to participate in the morning offering. Our morning offering provides an opportunity for people to worship God with their gifts and to support God’s work at LCC. The offering is always optional. If you want to learn more about how we approach finances you can talk with any of our staff/leaders.
4. Help Us Get to Know You! Fill out an “Newcomer Connection Card”. You can place this in the morning offering or turn it in at our welcome center in the front lobby. Having this information will help us get to know you and allow us to invite you to a “Newcomer Lunch” which we have every few months.
5. Share an Honest Prayer! We believe God wants each service to make a difference for each person. Share your questions, concerns, praises and burdens with God as you come. Come as you are with an honest heart, an open mind and the prayer that God will meet you.