We are part of the Evangelical Covenant Church, a growing multi-ethnic denomination of 850+ churches in the United States and Canada with ministries in 5 continents of the world. The ECC affirms these beliefs:
• We believe in the necessity of a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
• We believe that the Bible is God’s Word to all people and the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine and conduct.
• We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, who, with the Father and Son, calls the church into being, empowers its ministry, guides its mission, and supplies the resources needed by the Church community to follow and exalt Jesus Christ.
• We believe in the Church as a community of believers, characterized by mutual participation in and sharing of new life in Christ.
• We believe in the whole mission of the Church. We follow Christ’s two central calls. The Great Commission sends us out into the entire world to make and deepen disciples. The Great Commandment calls us to love God and love our neighbors as ourselves.
• We believe in the reality of freedom in Christ. We recognize that differences of opinion exist concerning theological issues, worship styles and sacramental practices. In Jesus Christ we have freedom, constrained by His Lordship and His Holy Word. In Jesus we live with a new freedom and unity where we say...
In essentials ... agreement.
In the non-essentials ... freedom.
And in all ... love.
Our faith is centered in the coming, life, cross, resurrection, ascension and promised return of Jesus Christ. Through a relationship with Jesus Christ anyone can receive God’s forgiveness and love. As we enter into a new life in Christ we grow in gratitude and humility. As we follow Jesus we pursue Him with the vision to be continually….
• Changed by His grace.
• Part of his community.
• Engaged in his mission of bringing hope and restoration to our community and world.
• Humble and hopeful for our eternal destiny.
We also affirm these truths in the "Apostles' Creed".
We believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven & earth. We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried...He descended to the dead.
On the third day He rose again; He ascended into heaven,
is seated at the right hand of the Father, and will come again to judge the living and the dead...
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian church,
the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen